No, we only sell licenses to our software on a subscription basis. The benefits of the subscription model are lower up-front costs and perpetual access to the latest version of Macabacus for any version of Office, including new features and other improvements.
Credit card, PayPal, and ACH debit transactions will be refunded in the following circumstances, subject to the limitations below:
- Inadvertent or unauthorized purchases / renewals
- Improper plan upgrade
- Account consolidation
You have 30 days to evaluate whether Macabacus meets your needs prior to making a purchase, so we do not provide refunds for reasons related to personal preference, product satisfaction, etc.
We cannot provide refunds after 30 days under any circumstance, except to facilitate account consolidation in some cases. Full refunds will be provided if requested within ten days of the transaction; otherwise, prorated refunds will be issued. Prorated refunds are adjusted for the time remaining in your billing cycle at the moment the refund is initiated.
Refunds are not provided for inadvertent renewals of monthly subscriptions. Instead, simply cancel your monthly subscription so that it does not renew.
Wire transfer and ACH credit payments cannot be refunded, but in cases where such transactions would otherwise qualify for a refund, a credit will be applied to the account.
You can pay immediately using major credit/debit cards, PayPal, or a checking/savings account (ACH debit) at our online checkout. Or, submit a purchase order and receive an invoice that you have 30 days to pay electronically ("manual invoicing").
- Credit/debit cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover) and PayPal may be used for any purchase.
- ACH debit is available only to U.S. customers for annual plans, and requires a minimum purchase of 2 seats (licenses).
- Manual invoicing is available only for initial and renewal purchases of $500 or more. See here for more information.
Why was my credit card declined?
Macabacus does not reject transactions—either your card's issuer (bank) or our payment gateway (PayPal or Stripe) does. If your card's issuer declined the transaction, you will have to contact it to learn why as we do not have that information. If our payment gateway rejected the transaction, it is often because the card has been linked to fraudulent activity. This occurs most frequently with transactions that originate in certain countries, but determining the exact reason for the decline requires additional information from our gateway, which can take several days to obtain and may ultimately be inconclusive.
So, the easiest solution is to try another credit card, or use another payment method described above. If alternative payment methods are not available to you, we may be able to try another payment gateway to see if it allows the transaction, or request that the gateway stop blocking the card (which can take several days).
For initial purchases using manual invoicing, use our online checkout to submit a purchase order ("PO") by selecting the "Invoice" payment option. You can optionally enter a PO number here that will appear on your invoice. For renewals, see this topic.
We do not accept POs via email or vendor management systems like Ariba, Coupa, etc., because you must create an account when placing your order. This requires you to select a password that can be used to access and manage your account via the Admin Console, and passwords cannot be securely specified in a PO.
- Minimum initial or renewal purchases of $500.
- Monthly plans are not eligible for manual invoicing.
- Payment must be made within 30 days by ACH credit or wire transfer (no exceptions); we do not accept checks.
- A processing fee applies to purchases that we must process manually.
- Your access to Macabacus software begins when we process your order, not when payment is received.
- There is a $25 fee for late payments.
- Direct sales, only; resellers should select another payment method.
- Upon payment, email a remittance notice to email@example.com that includes your account code or invoice number so that we can mark your invoice paid. Otherwise, your payment may not be recorded, and your service may be suddenly suspended.
- Macabacus is a subscription that renews automatically until canceled. As such, you will receive an automatically generated invoice at renewal, whether or not we have received a renewal PO from you. If your last submitted PO contained a PO number, that PO number will appear on subsequent invoices unless you submit a renewal PO with a different number at least 48 hrs before the renewal invoice is sent.
- Upcoming renewal notifications are emailed 30 days prior to renewal. If this allows you insufficient time to prepare a renewal PO, be sure to track your Macabacus renewal internally rather than rely on our email notification.
- Although not required, your order should specify a group email address to which billing notifications will be sent (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org), rather than the email address of a specific individual.
- A subscription will be suspended automatically if any invoice related to that subscription is more than 10 days past due. Your billing contact(s) will receive three late payment notices prior to suspension. If your subscription is suspended, you can restore access for your users by (a) submitting payment electronically, or (b) emailing an automatically generated remittance notice to email@example.com. You can immediately restore access by paying your invoice with a credit card via your Admin Console.
Any payment we receive must match the invoiced amount. Some banks (particularly in Europe) deduct their wire transfer fees from the invoiced amount, resulting in underpayment. If this happens, your invoice will be marked unpaid, and your service may be suspended, or you may receive a separate invoice for the wire transfer fee. You must then wire the difference between the received and invoiced amounts, plus another wire transfer fee to your bank. Consequently, underpayment may cost you over 2x the amount of underpayment. Check with your bank before sending payment to understand how its wire transfer fee is paid, and gross up your payment as necessary to cover your bank's fees.
Here is a simple example to help you understand why we do not pay your bank's wire transfer fee. Suppose you add an additional seat to your subscription a few days before it renews and receive an invoice for $10. If you wire us $10, and your bank charges us a $20 wire transfer fee, how much do we receive for your purchase?
No, unless your organization participates in a live product demonstration, in which case the minimum purchase is 5 licenses.
At Macabacus' accessible price point, we are unable to accommodate customer paperwork for purchases of fewer than 5 licenses. Paperwork includes, but is not limited to, completion of vendor onboarding forms, contract negotiation or modifications to our EULA, and agreement to customer codes of ethics. Macabacus is intended for teams of 5 or more users, and we sell Macabacus at lower licensing volumes as a courtesy. We expect customers to reciprocate by relaxing procurement protocols for small purchases.