Soft Disable lets you temporarily disable most Macabacus functionality. The result is similar to disabling the Macabacus add-in from Excel's COM Add-Ins dialog, but is more easily accessible—simply click the
Pause button on the Macabacus tab to soft disable Macabacus, and the
Resume button to restore Macabacus to its prior state (with the exception of task panes).
Specifically, Soft Disable will:
- Disable Macabacus keyboard shortcuts
- Disable Undo / Redo
- Disable AutoColor on Entry
- Disable AutoTrace Precedents / Dependents
- Disable Formula Translator
- Disable switching to the Macabacus tab automatically when opening or creating workbooks
- Clear visualizations
- Disable AutoHide Gridlines
- Disable NavAid
- Restore from Maximize View
- Close all Macabacus task panes (e.g., Library, Explorer, Tab Browser)
- Disable any other event-triggered operations (e.g., selection changes)
Use Soft Disable primarily when Macabacus seems to be impacting Excel performance, or to troubleshoot a problem that may be related to Macabacus. Macabacus does not generally impact Excel performance noticeably when enabled, but if pausing Macabacus seems to improve performance then consider turning off Soft Disable and selectively disabling individual Macabacus features listed above to isolate the problem to a specific feature or setting.
This documentation refers to the latest Macabacus version. Some features and descriptions of these features may not apply to older versions of Macabacus. Update your Macabacus software to take advantage of the latest features.