Number to Words
Macabacus quickly convert numbers to words in your Word documents. You can convert a number to "regular words" or to "legal notation." The latter is common in legal documents and examples of each option are provided below. To convert a number, select the entire number you wish to convert, or place the cursor in the middle of a number sequence, and choose the desired conversion option under the
Number To Words menu.
If your selection contains a leading currency symbol ("$") or standard currency abbreviation ("A$"), Macabacus will treat the number as currency for the purpose of conversion to words (e.g., $62 → sixty-two dollars). If your selection includes a trailing percent ("%") or multiple ("x") symbol, Macabacus will treat the number accordingly when converting to words (e.g., 62% → sixty-two percent).
- 23 → twenty-three
- $345 → three hundred forty-five dollars
- €13.99 → thirteen euro and ninety-nine cents
- C$ 4,600,000 → four million six hundred thousand dollars
- 23% → twenty-three percent
- 5.64 → five and sixty-four hundredths
- 23 → twenty-three (23)
- $345 → three hundred forty-five (345) dollars
- €13.99 → thirteen (13) euro and ninety-nine (99) cents
- C$ 4,600,000 → four million six hundred thousand (4,600,000) dollars
- 23% → twenty-three (23) percent
- 5.64 → five and sixty-four hundredths (4.64)
This documentation refers to the latest Macabacus version. Some features and descriptions of these features may not apply to older versions of Macabacus. Update your Macabacus software to take advantage of the latest features.